Five years ago, yes, that long ago, Google first began seeking applications for small business experts to become official Google Advisors. Well, after five-years, Google has launched its official Google Small Business Advisors program.
This program is available for businesses located in the US. They can consult with Small Business Advisors about Google products. These small businesses can schedule a one-on-one, 50-minute video call with a specially-trained Google Advisor who can:
- Provide guidance directly from Google
- Tailor recommendations based on the business’s specific business needs
- Help the business master Google products like My Business, Ads, Analytics, and more
Currently, Google offers 50-minute Small Business Advisors appointments at no cost. But the normal cost for this service is $39.99 USD per 50-minute appointment. So this may change sometime in the future.
Here is how to book an appointment with a Google Small Business Advisor:
- On your computer, sign in to Small Business Advisors.
- On the Overview tab, in the top right corner click Book appointment.
- Select an appointment time, the products you want to discuss, and your objectives for the meeting.
- On the confirmation page, click Confirm appointment.
- You’ll receive a booking confirmation email that contains a link to join your video call at the scheduled time.
Your Google Small Business Advisor can help you with:
- Google My Business
- Google Ads
- Google Workspace
- Google Analytics
- Any other Google product that supports small businesses
Forum discussion at Twitter.
Update: Google tells me this launch is unrelated to the 2015 efforts. Google told me it is “not taking applications for people to join our group of Advisors. Our Small Business Advisors are a specialized team that have received extensive training across Google My Business, Google Ads, Google Workspace, Google Analytics, YouTube and more so that they can provide holistic guidance and support in real-time via a scheduled video chat.”